Sunday, 17 February 2013

what's new, British pussycat?

I had so much fun last week making imaginary bundles. Kate at M is For Make seems to have been doing the same this week. She's been bundle crazy.

Look at (some of) the new ones...






Gorgeous, yes? Luxe in Bloom from Art Gallery is in stock too. This is such a beautiful collection, it's modern but not so much so that it will date in a year or so. Art Gallery seem particularly good at these kinds of modern/traditional cross over fabrics. 

Both of the prints below are from Luxe. They look so different but they work so well together.




Kate is away this week, so you can still order but nothing will be mailed until her return on Feb 25th.

Over at Backstitch Architextures is trickling in. I bang on about these prints a lot, I know, but they are so good and so useful.


Make it Perfect patterns are in stock now. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the shearwater kaftan (below). There's a lot of examples of it on flickr. I imagine it would be especially lovely in a lightweight  voile, don't you?


I'm expecting that my Chicopee scrappy trips quilt will be home in the next week or so. I'm excited to see how it turned out with the corduroy backing. Annie has chicopee corduroy at the village haberdashery. It was great to sew, I really enjoyed it. I'll definitely be looking to use more of the Free Spirit corduroys when I see them in the future (I wonder if there'll be some for Denyse's new line, Shelburne falls?). 


Chicopee is such an amazing line. I used all mine up in that quilt, but I would happily buy it all again for hoarding. To be honest, I've done that with every single one of Denyse Schmidt's collections - bought at least 2 lots. It's the kind of fabric that is so good to have on hand, even if you just pick out a couple of prints. I would bet you money that when you are in need of a certain something in a quilt something from Denyse will fit the bill perfectly. The scale of the prints are perfect for patchwork, they work so well. I don't think there's another 'modern' designer out there that has the same knack that she does. I'm going to hunt down a really good civil war repros type of line and have a play with it, they always have the same excellent scale, but the colours tend to put me off. To be honest, I haven't had a really good look, so I shouldn't make that blanket assumption that I don't like the colours, should I?
Back to Chicopee. Because this I know I love....


Annie has a build a bundle function. Which lets you pick just the FQs of the prints you'd like, because all of them is possibly a little excessive (actually, no it's not, but husbands and bank managers often disagree with my theory that more is best).


There are still loads of great fabrics in the sale section, so have a look there too.

And finally from Annie this week, this might not look all that exciting to you, but I spotted this carolina chambray and let out a little gasp. It's one of those fabrics that you can't seem to get often, it's kind of a woven shot cotton-ish fabric like a moda cross weave. It has an amazing drape and handle, sews beautifully and gets softer and softer with each wash. The black is more like dark grey, or faded black denim, because of the white weft woven through it. It's a soft black, and really quite special. If you're a fan of cross weave, or essex linens, or oakshott or any slightly different solid - this is for you.

It really is exciting.


 
Jessie has some fantastic vintage fabric bundles at Sew and Quilt

Very reasonably priced and always fast service, This shop is such a great find, 

blues...


purples....


yellows...



Enter the fabric bundle giveaway Jessie is holding by clicking through to the blog

Eclectic Maker has had a delivery of Kate Spain's new line, Honey Honey.


They also have a really nice selection of Moda Bella solids (many of which co-ordinate with Honey Honey perfectly). 

This tape for piecing odd pieces of batting is such a great invention.


I think I'll pick another bundle of solids from Simply Solids...

Peony...




mint...




snow...



and some lakehouse labels...



I think those would make a lovely bundle to go with one of Jessie's vintage bundles, don't you?

Especially the pinks....


And that's it from me. Phew. This shopping lark is hard work!

Don't forget to check out what was new from yesterday too.

10 comments:

ilovedolly said...

*drool* thanks for giving me a fabric fix! Great to hear of a fabric shop I didn't know, too. X

Nicky said...

Trying to resist...

Di said...

Resistance is futile!

the running chicken quilting said...

Happy to provide civil war repros! Just love them...

Eva said...

those M is for Make bundles are amazing! ... I'll have to wait till April, though, I promised my bank account a little fabric-buying break after going on a spree last week! Let's hope that she'll have something similarly gorgeous, then!

Sarah Watson said...

Phew, I'll take one of everything!

Sherry Of B.S. Crafts said...

Ugh! Every time I see a nice bundle of fabric nicely folded and wrapped in that way that makes them so irresistible I hear my bank account shudder! Great bundles!! *Must try not to go spend crazy!*

Gretchen Barclay said...

Regarding Civil War reproductions - there are more on the market than ever before. Some very accurate reproductions might be confused with more contemporary designs. Keep looking- you will find colors you can't resist.

sandycottage said...

Batting tape what an awesome idea!!!

Mandalin said...

batting seam tape = genius!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive